uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject jcasgen-maven-plugin integration test timing
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:49:34 GMT
The regular tests for this take about 3 seconds on my laptop.

The integration tests took a very long time (the 2nd one took about 8 minutes !)

[INFO] --- maven-invoker-plugin:1.7:run (integration-test) @
jcasgen-maven-plugin ---
[INFO] Building: classpath\pom.xml
[INFO] ..SUCCESS (23.5 s)
[INFO] Building: m2e\pom.xml
[INFO] ..SUCCESS (529.5 s)
[INFO] Building: multimodule\pom.xml
[INFO] ..SUCCESS (13.4 s)
[INFO] Building: simple\pom.xml
[INFO] ..SUCCESS (9.7 s)
[INFO] Build Summary:
[INFO]   Passed: 4, Failed: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0

I ran this again (just in case some initial startup thing was slowing it down)
and got similar results:  19.0 s, 576.1 s, 13.6 s, and 8.5 s.

Anyone have any idea what is going on, why some of these are running so slowly?

It would be good if someone could post a walk through of how the integration tests
are setup and how they work.

-Marshall