uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: jcasgen-maven-plugin integration test timing
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 21:39:34 GMT

> The m2e integration test takes *very* long because it materializes a full OSGI runtime
environment on the machine. The downloads take forever.

> Detailed information about the execution of the integration tests can be found in target/it/<test>/build.log
(or something like that).

> I had considered disabling the m2e integration test, but went for leaving it on for the
time being.

I think that we should run this "occasionally", since it takes so long.

For instance, I expect to do a bunch of running of the full builds for uimaj as
part of getting the release candidate into good shape, and a full build seems to
take on my little laptop 23 minutes, of which approx. 15 1/2 minutes is the
jcasgen maven plugin...

We can leave the running of this configured, but add the -Dinvoker.skip to the
command line.

-Marshall