uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: jcasgen-maven-plugin integration test timing
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 22:24:44 GMT

> The m2e integration test takes *very* long because it materializes a full OSGI runtime
environment on the machine. The downloads take forever.

> Detailed information about the execution of the integration tests can be found in target/it/<test>/build.log
(or something like that).

> I had considered disabling the m2e integration test, but went for leaving it on for the
time being.
After taking another look at the tests, I would support disabling this one test,
but leaving the others.  (We can enable it temporarily when the jcasgen plugin
project is updated, just to verify this build environment).

In testing the jcasgen plugin, it seems to me that basic tests are to run this
plugin in various maven build scenarios to see if it produces the right things
(or at least doesn't crash).
The m2e integration test simulates running a special maven build that Eclipse
developers use, when developing the Eclipse platform, as I understand it (please
correct as needed).  Since the vast majority of our users are not in the world
of Eclipse developers, perhaps that's not so important.

And it also seems unlikely that that one form of test would fail while the
others, which also run the jcasgen plugin in some different scenarios, would
succeed.

WDYT?   -Marshall