uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: jcasgen-maven-plugin integration test timing
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 22:53:03 GMT

> Am 11.06.2013 um 23:15 schrieb Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>:

>>> Consider the integration tests of this plugin fail. Then we already have a broken
>>> plugin installed in the .m2/repository of Jenkins of of the developers machine
>> True
>>> Consider further that uimaFIT (or maybe at some point cTakes or whatever) is
using
>>> this plugins in its builds. Their jobs in Jenkins may break just because we let
>>> a broken plugin escape into the wild.
>> Well, it would "escape" into the developer's machine, not any further :-)  The
>> fix for this would be "simple" - just delete the plugin in the .m2 repo.  The
>> Central :-)
> On Jenkins it would affect other builds. This could be avoided by activating the "use
private maven repository" option for the UIMA SDK builds. It wouldn't exactly safe disk space
on the poor Jenkins build slaves of the ASF though.

I didn't know that on Jenkins, every build (for other projects) shared the same
.m2 repository.  Is that really true?  I would have thought that each defined
"build" had its own workspace, but I don't actually know...

-Marshall