uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject What is the reason for the <index>true setting in DUCC parent pom?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 18:43:54 GMT
The DUCC parent pom has a section for the maven-jar-plugin manifest
configuration which adds <index>true</index>.  My reading of this is that it is
designed for collections of Jars - where the index is built in such a way as to
have all the entries for all the Jars, to enable applets to avoid downloading
Jars just to search their contents.  (The 1st Jar has the index for all the Jars).

I don't think this usage in individual Jars helps anything, and just takes up
space...  Other opinions?

-Marshall