uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Apache UIMA addons parent 2.3.2 RC1
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:54:11 GMT
Hi,

I see there are failures in the Jenkins build for add-ons...

I think it is not right to change the 2.3.2-SNAPSHOT level of the uima-addons
parent to 2.3.3-SNAPSHOT, since there was not a 2.3.2 release of this.

I'm not sure about some of the other changes to the addons-parent:

  The RAT configuration was removed; this will now inherit from the uima-wide
parent. The difference in these is it is now missing the exclude for ".idea/**"
- which I think is for the IntelliJidea development environment.  This may now
be a default exclude in RAT configuration anyways, so may not matter.

  There is an added m2e lifecycle mapping which replicates one in the common
uima-wide pom, for maven-dependency-plugin - so that should be removed from this
pom.

  There is a changed m2e lifecycle mapping for the uima-build-helper - the
change is it's marked ignore here, and in the common pom it's marked execute.  I
think this should be removed from the addons-parent and just inherit from the
uima-wide parent.

  If you agree with these changes to m2e configuration, I would remove the
entire configuration for m2e lifecycle from the addons-parent pom, and let it
inherit from the uima-wide parent (5-SNAPSHOT, or 5, after the release is voted
out).

I see you also removed the customized apache-release profile that was in the
addons-parent.  I think that may be the right thing to do, but we'll see as we
go forward :-).

-Marshall