uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Apache UIMA addons parent 2.3.2 RC1
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:00:04 GMT
The [local-group-of-projects]-parent (for example, uima-as-parent, uimaj-parent,
etc.) are there to have common place to override the uima-wide parent POM for
releases of those project groups, as a whole.  Because the xxx-parent is
released as part of the group, the release procedure can version them all
together.  The idea is that xxx-parent would only be used for things that
haven't yet (or for some reason can't) be part of the uima-wide parent.

For projects released individually, I agree with Richard that they would not be
using an addons-parent.

-Marshall

> When an addon gets its own release cycle, why does it still need to use the addons-parent?

> It's not part of an aggregator anymore. Ruta and uimaFIT use the UIMA parent-pom.
>
> It appears that the parent-pom also contains settings for addons, even with an explicit
note "FOR addons only". That seems to be redundant with the respective settings in the addons-parent.