uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CAS Editor annotation mode
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:09:03 GMT
On 06/27/2013 06:52 PM, Peter Klügl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot change the annotation mode of the CAS Editor from another
> plugin. Is there a reason that ChangeModeAction or
> AnnotationEditor.setAnnotationMode() are not public?
>
> I am also looking for a feasible/reasonable solution for another situation:
> Let's say I want to annotate three types, but the type system has 300.
> Here, either a key mapping to the types would be preferable (instread of
> only "return"), or something that restricts the menu.
>
> Opinions?

+1 to make it possible to change the annotation mode via API from
another plugin.

+1 to add a user defined key mapping, this feature is definitely useful
also for users
who just have a few types. The automatic type mapping might be annoying
if there
are multiple types with the same first letter.

The menus which contain a type probably do not scale to more than 20 or
so, maybe
that should be fixed as well somehow?

Jön