uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: CAS Editor annotation mode
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:46:38 GMT
On 28.06.2013 15:09, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> On 06/27/2013 06:52 PM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I cannot change the annotation mode of the CAS Editor from another
>> plugin. Is there a reason that ChangeModeAction or
>> AnnotationEditor.setAnnotationMode() are not public?
>>
>> I am also looking for a feasible/reasonable solution for another
>> situation:
>> Let's say I want to annotate three types, but the type system has 300.
>> Here, either a key mapping to the types would be preferable (instread of
>> only "return"), or something that restricts the menu.
>>
>> Opinions?

Great. I will great jira issues for it.

> +1 to make it possible to change the annotation mode via API from
> another plugin.

I will implement it right away since I need it right now and it wouldn't
be bad if it is included in the next release.

> +1 to add a user defined key mapping, this feature is definitely
> useful also for users
> who just have a few types. The automatic type mapping might be
> annoying if there
> are multiple types with the same first letter.

I can implement it, but I do not know when I will be able to do it.
Maybe an additional view where the user can define the mapping?

> The menus which contain a type probably do not scale to more than 20
> or so, maybe
> that should be fixed as well somehow?

No idea. The only thing I can think of right now, is some functionality
where the user can define a subset that is displayed in the menu.

Peter