uima-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Marshall Schor (JIRA)" <...@uima.apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (UIMA-2511) JCasGen fails to update descriptions in JavaDoc
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 18:37:20 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2511?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13682527#comment-13682527
] 

Marshall Schor commented on UIMA-2511:
--------------------------------------

Delete the generated types and re-running JCasGen works for me, if I define "delete" as replace-with-one-blank
in the CDE, or delete using the "source" tab.  So it seems we have a couple of errors on top
of each other.

1) The first error: deleting a description in the CDE by deleting all the characters doesn't
work - it leaves things as they were.

2) The description changing is not enough to cause regeneration (there's a bit in JCasGen
which compares type systems to see if things changed, and only does regeneration for changed
types - I'm guessing this is where the fault may lie).
                
> JCasGen fails to update descriptions in JavaDoc
> -----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: UIMA-2511
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2511
>             Project: UIMA
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core Java Framework
>            Reporter: Richard Eckart de Castilho
>
> When I update the description field of features in the Eclipse Component Descriptor editor
and run JCasGen, most of the time the descriptions for the types are not updated in the generated
JCas files. The "Updated by JCasGen" timestamp is updated, but the JavaDoc on the getters
and setters is not updated most of the time. I even thought that generating JavaDoc on setters/getters
wasn't supported until I actually looked at the JCasGen source code.
> Deleting the generated types and re-running JCasGen seems to help some times, but most
of the time it just seems that it doesn't make a difference.
> E.g., I added "lala" as a description on a type feature and successfully generate the
JCas with "lala" ending up in the getter/setter JavaDoc. Now I remove "lala" from the description
(it's empty now), delete the JCas files from disk and rerun JCasGen. In the freshly generated
files, "lala" is still there.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message