uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse UIMA tooling in 3.7.2 - works for me using DropIns, after installing EMF SDK
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 19:40:48 GMT
Hum. I have just installed a fresh Eclipse 4.3 (Kelper, OS X, 64 bit) and dropped the UIMA
Eclipse JARs from my previous build into the dropins folder there. Some stuff appears, some
not. E.g. the "add UIMA nature" menu item is in the context menu of the project tree. But
the "UIMA" file types are missing from the "new file" dialog.

Replacing the JARs from my build with the new parent-poms with the latest JARs from Jenkins
didn't help either.

-- Richard

Am 02.07.2013 um 21:14 schrieb Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>:

> I just now tried:
>
>  0) unzip a brand-new Eclipse 3.7.2
>
>  1) copying the plugins for base UIMA to the dropins folder
>
>  2) starting Eclipse - make a Java project, tried to make a new UIMA AE
> descriptor - but the UIMA pick in the context menu wasn't there.
>
>  3) Did an "install" of EMF SDK from the install-new-software page, restarted
>
>  4) Now the UIMA pick was in the context menu - I created a new AE descriptor,
> and it came up OK
>
>  5) checked the error log - no error showing.
>
> -Marshall
>
> On 7/2/2013 12:44 PM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>> Am 02.07.2013 17:45, schrieb Marshall Schor:
>>> I tried as follows:
>>>
>>> 1) installed a new copy of Eclipse 3.7.2 (64 bit, windows)
>>>
>>> 2) ran the install-new-software, pointed to the site generated by running the
>>> eclipse update site build
>>>
>>> (I don't know if drop-in works, because the install requires some prereqs like
>>> EMF tools; I don't know if these get installed when you do the drop-in).
>>>
>>> 3) made a new project, and made a new analysis engine descriptor in that
>>> project, which opened fine in the Component Descriptor Editor.
>>
>> I copied the plugin to the dropins folder (no installation using an update
>> site) of an eclipse 3.7.2, with which the plugin should have worked. I will
>> try to reproduce my steps when I find the time.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Peter
>>
>>> -Marshall

ok.