uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Eclipse UIMA tooling in 3.7.2 - works for me
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:45:00 GMT
I tried as follows:

1) installed a new copy of Eclipse 3.7.2 (64 bit, windows)

2) ran the install-new-software, pointed to the site generated by running the
eclipse update site build

(I don't know if drop-in works, because the install requires some prereqs like
EMF tools; I don't know if these get installed when you do the drop-in).

3) made a new project, and made a new analysis engine descriptor in that
project, which opened fine in the Component Descriptor Editor.

-Marshall

On 7/2/2013 10:07 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
> I did not check the update site when I reviewed the rc.
>
> However, I observed such problems when I tried to use the new runtime
> plugin in Eclipse 3.7.2. (a few days ago)
>
> Best,
>
> Peter
>

> On 02.07.2013 16:03, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
>> I checked out the rc tag and built it: ok. (mvn clean install)
>>
>> I updated my local uimaj checkout, updated it to use the rc and built: ok. (mvn clean
install)

>> I installed the resulting Eclipse plugins in my Eclipse (dropins folder) and tried
to open a type system in the component editor: ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.ResourceMetaData.