uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Eclipse UIMA tooling in 3.7.2 - works for me
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 16:44:14 GMT
Am 02.07.2013 17:45, schrieb Marshall Schor:
> I tried as follows:
>
> 1) installed a new copy of Eclipse 3.7.2 (64 bit, windows)
>
> 2) ran the install-new-software, pointed to the site generated by running the
> eclipse update site build
>
> (I don't know if drop-in works, because the install requires some prereqs like
> EMF tools; I don't know if these get installed when you do the drop-in).
>
> 3) made a new project, and made a new analysis engine descriptor in that
> project, which opened fine in the Component Descriptor Editor.

I copied the plugin to the dropins folder (no installation using an
update site) of an eclipse 3.7.2, with which the plugin should have
worked. I will try to reproduce my steps when I find the time.

Best,

Peter

> -Marshall
>
> On 7/2/2013 10:07 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>> I did not check the update site when I reviewed the rc.
>>
>> However, I observed such problems when I tried to use the new runtime
>> plugin in Eclipse 3.7.2. (a few days ago)
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> On 02.07.2013 16:03, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
>>> I checked out the rc tag and built it: ok. (mvn clean install)
>>>
>>> I updated my local uimaj checkout, updated it to use the rc and built: ok. (mvn
clean install)

>>> I installed the resulting Eclipse plugins in my Eclipse (dropins folder) and
tried to open a type system in the component editor: ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.ResourceMetaData.

>>> Can anybody confirm this?
>>>
>>> -- Richard

SVN tag, to reduce