uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r2393 - /dev/uima/eclipse-update-site/uimaj/
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 18:28:19 GMT
Am 08.07.2013 19:40, schrieb Marshall Schor:
> Ahh, I remember now...
>
> (It's documented here:
> http://uima.apache.org/eclipse-update-site.html
> scroll down to "How the update site build works".
>
> The basic idea: an update site typically consists of plugins and 1 (or more)
> features, at various levels.  (I know, Peter, you were suggesting a separate
> update site - however this is for the more conventional way these are laid out).

No problem, you have already convinced me ;-)
I will also adapt the ruta site in the next release. Wouldn't it look
strange if there are two uima-* folders without version and many ruta
folder with versions?

> The build process takes the new version of these, and essentially "appends"
> these to the existing site.  Since our release distributions are now managed by
> the relatively new svn: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist (see
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#distribution_dist ), the basic
> technique used is:
>
> 1) do a remote svn copy (actually a delete / copy since svn won't copy over
> existing things) from the "release" spot to the "dev" spot.  (Note that this
> doesn't do a real data copy, but rather just some svn meta data - so it's very
> cheap).
>
> 2) check this out into the trunk .../target build spot - so the local build
> starts with the existing update site.
>
> 3) add the local build results to this.
>
> I see your point, though; we should probably only do this "full" kind of build
> when apache-release is true.   When it isn't, we could skip the dev spot
> manipulation.  Do you agree?

Yes.

We are currently building some eclipse-based software which depends on
the new uimaj stuff. It would be good if I can create an update site
without changing the parent-pom :-)

Peter