uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject UIMA Ruta release plans
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 11:46:40 GMT
Hi,

I want to discuss the plans for the next UIMA Ruta release.

I am targeting end of August for the release, at latest mid-September.
The current version introduces a dependency to uimaFIT and I hope that
uimaFIT 2.0.0 will be available before the UIMA Ruta release. Richard,
is that realistic?

Since the release contains a lot of new language constructs, components
and bug fixes, I like to change the release version to 2.1.0 instead of
2.0.2.

A selection of new stuff:
- less problems with open CAS Editor during Eclipse startup
- compatible with uimaj 2.4.1 and Kepler
- manual specification of start anchor for rule match
- combinations of rule elements that specify no sequential constraint
- rule elements with inlined rules (as "actions" or as "conditions")
- dot notation for feature access, also applicable for matching condition
- implicit actions and conditions
- combinations with java projects inluding import of uimaFIT AEs
(without descriptor)
- new framework in Ruta Workbench for constraint-driven evaluation
- new views in Ruta Workbench, e.g., annotation checker or html viewer
- new helper analysis engines for CAS manipulation, e.g., CAS Cutter
- two new rule learning algorithms for TextRuler framework

A complete list of already resolved issues (for 2.0.2ruta) is here (56):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.0.2ruta%22%20AND%20component%20%3D%20ruta%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.0.2ruta%22%20AND%20component%20%3D%20ruta%20AND%20status%20in%20%28Resolved%2C%20Closed%29>

Here's the list of open issues (27):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20component%20%3D%20ruta%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

I plan to resolve a few more issues, at least:
- UIMA-3071 Break up sequential matching in Ruta rules (almost done)
- UIMA-3115 fusion of block syntax and annotation specification syntax
(almost done)
- UIMA-2992 Adapt ruta engine plugin to new build mechanism
- UIMA-2991 Adapt ruta update site to new mechanism
- UIMA-2428 Ruta: Context-sensitive auto-completion not working correctly

Should something else be included in the release? Any wishes?

Best,

Peter