uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: I'm thinking it would be good to do a 2.4.2 SDK bug fix release?
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 17:14:14 GMT

> Sounds good.
>
> I wonder about the UIMA versioning scheme. Since there is a three-part
> versioning scheme, I'd have expected that the last digit is reserved for
> bug-fix releases (like this one) and that the 2.5.0 may have been a
> better name for the 2.4.1 release. How does the UIMA versioning scheme work?
Here's my guess on how this works:

People by default bump up the release number by .1 (actually, doing a mvn
release:prepare defaults to this).

That's where it stays, unless someone gets motivated to change it to something else.

We typically haven't done big jumps (like raising the 2nd digit) unless there
are major changes.

I do think that the 2.4.1 release had enough new stuff to merit the 2.5.0
designation, but I don't think anyone focused on that.

-Marshall