uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on the organization of the UIMA website
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 10:47:16 GMT
On 02.09.2013, at 15:41, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> On 8/31/2013 5:15 PM, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
>> Should uimaFIT and Ruta be removed from the navigation bar and just end up on the
>> sandbox page?
> I don't think so, given their larger, active communities.

Great.

>> Actually, looking at the nav section, there's loads of developer
>> information, but the stuff users are interested in, e.g. components and tools
>> is comparatively underrepresented/small. The "Annotators" and "Addons & Sandbox"
>> links basically link to the same place, although being two different items in the
>> navigation. Similarly, some things are listed under "tools" and again under "addons".
>>
>> Should there be something like "featured" sub-projects?
> Does "featured" mean something that changes, perhaps monthly, over time?  That
> could be good, but would require more "tending-the-garden" on an ongoing basis
> for our website.  It we can find some volunteer help to help out with that, that
> could work.

I was thinking that there are some parts which are more actively developed than others.
E.g. currently, the UIMA SDK, uimaFIT, Ruta and DUCC are pretty active and could be
featured. I'd expect this situation not to change too often, at least not monthly.
Maybe every 6 months or yearly.

-- Richard