uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins, we have a problem - with Java 5
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 13:49:48 GMT

On 9/2/2013 8:56 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
> So... just to pick up the result of the discussion:
>
> We will probably switch all modules to a newer Java version next year
> and the upcoming ruta release should still be based on Java 5, right?
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean.  If you mean, you will do your
development using Java 6 or 7, but not use any of their new classes/methods,
sticking to just Java 5 ones, so the release will still be OK on Java 5, keeping
the
maven source/target compliance level set to 5, then that's OK.

For the Eclipse workbench part, does the lowest version of Eclipse you are
targeting have a Java version level prerequisite?

-Marshall