uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject uimaFIT on the website
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 05:03:29 GMT
I had a look and it looks basically fine to me.

Here are a couple thoughts I had when reading the main uimaFIT website.

1) I think it would be good to post the docbook and apiDocs documentation for
uimaFIT on the website.  (You should be able to add the .../d/uimaFIT  etc
docs to the the existing docs/d/... spot).

Then you could link to this from 2 places: one is the uimaFIT page, and the
other could be the Documentation page.  The idea would be to have a new person
landing on uimaFIT page, reading it, and wanting to do the "next steps" to learn
more, to have somewhere to click.

2) We should consider updating the main UIMA website page, add uimaFIT (and
Ruta) to the picture, and say a few words with hyperlinks about these projects.

One more minor thing - the convention for the (TM) trademark symbol is to use it
once, the first time a trademarked thing appears.  Repetition of this beyond
that starts to make the doc look cluttered with these things.  In this case, I
think the first use of Apache UIMA and the first use of Apache uimaFIT (only)
would be TM'd.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers. -Marshall