uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Java SDK 2.5.0 rc2
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 19:45:46 GMT
[X] +1 OK to release

- build from svn tag with clean local Maven repo - OK
- built uimaFIT with UIMA 2.5.0 - OK
- (built DKPro Core trunk with UIMA 2.5.0 - OK)
- rough visual inspection of dist zip - OK
  - The README says that 2.5.0 is a bugfix release over 2.4.2.
    Users may wonder why it is not 2.4.3 then. The readme could
    have pointed out that new features got in at 2.4.2 but we
    missed to called it 2.5.0 at the time.
- update from Eclipse Update Site in Kepler - OK
  - the update site link in the RC announcement does not point to a
    valid update site. It points to the Maven module for the update
    site. The correct link would have been
    http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-2.5.0-rc2/eclipse-update-site/uimaj/

-- Richard

On 08.01.2014, at 19:57, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've posted the UIMAJ SDK 2.5.0 rc2 release candidate.
>
> The only change was to upload the artifacts that were built from the tag, which included
the one
> change-set (to a test-case) my local version was missing.
>
> The Maven artifacts in the staging repo were built properly from the tag, and haven't
changed.

> I had previously uploaded the bin and source-release things from the wrong directory
(the uimaj/target, instead of the uimaj/target/checkout/target).  The versions in target/checkout/target
are correctly built from the tag, which included the one missing change set.