uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Java SDK 2.5.0 rc2
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2014 04:52:32 GMT

> [X] +1 OK to release
>
> - build from svn tag with clean local Maven repo - OK
> - built uimaFIT with UIMA 2.5.0 - OK
> - (built DKPro Core trunk with UIMA 2.5.0 - OK)
> - rough visual inspection of dist zip - OK
>   - The README says that 2.5.0 is a bugfix release over 2.4.2.
>     Users may wonder why it is not 2.4.3 then. The readme could
>     have pointed out that new features got in at 2.4.2 but we
>     missed to called it 2.5.0 at the time.
Good point, I'll make note of this in the announcement note, and I'll update
this on the website's version of the README (the one the download page links to).

-Marshall

> - update from Eclipse Update Site in Kepler - OK
>   - the update site link in the RC announcement does not point to a
>     valid update site. It points to the Maven module for the update
>     site. The correct link would have been
>     http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-2.5.0-rc2/eclipse-update-site/uimaj/
>
> -- Richard
>
> On 08.01.2014, at 19:57, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've posted the UIMAJ SDK 2.5.0 rc2 release candidate.
>>
>> The only change was to upload the artifacts that were built from the tag, which included
the one
>> change-set (to a test-case) my local version was missing.
>>
>> The Maven artifacts in the staging repo were built properly from the tag, and haven't
changed.

>> I had previously uploaded the bin and source-release things from the wrong directory
(the uimaj/target, instead of the uimaj/target/checkout/target).  The versions in target/checkout/target
are correctly built from the tag, which included the one missing change set.