uima-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Toepfer <martin.toep...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 13:02:26 GMT
Hi Marshall,

to comply with uimaFIT's NOTICE file, I will add

This product contains uimaFIT - Core:
Copyright 2009-2012 Regents of the University of Colorado.
All rights reserved,
Copyright 2009-2012 Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing (UKP) Lab.
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt.
All rights reserved.

to the NOTICE file of ruta-ep-engine. However, I still have some
questions about the NOTICE file in general.

1)
The ruta-ep-engine project delivers not only uimaFIT, but also other
libraries, e.g., Apache commons-math. If I understand the
licensing-howto correctly, I will have to copy the NOTICE contents for
all of that libraries, e.g., Apache commons-math's NOTICE file.

2)
As far as I can tell by now, ruta-ep-engine should be the only relevant
project since the other projects do not deliver external libraries. For
instance, ruta-core also has a dependency to uimaFIT, however, uimaFIT
is not delivered by ruta-core, so we don't have to expand the NOTICE
file for ruta-core. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Martin