uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC3
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 13:08:29 GMT
Hi,

Am 23.03.2014 12:32, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> - Checking staging repository
> -- org/apache/uima/ruta-core/2.2.0/ruta-core-2.2.0.pom contains some backslashes instead
of slashes in paths

I will fix that.

> -- how about excluding the docbook module from the Maven deploy - it does not contain
any artifacts other than the POM
Good idea in my opinion. I suppose the indented way is to remove the
module in the top-level pom?

> -- I believe we had previously discussed changing the release procedure to always use
a tag that does not contain "-rcX", e.g. the file org/apache/uima/ruta-ep-engine/2.2.0/ruta-ep-engine-2.2.0.pom
contains the reference to http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-2.2.0-rc3/ruta-ep-engine
which will be invalid if we rename the tag after the release. However, the release instructions
on the UIMA website still mention adding the "-rcX" and I do not find the old mails. Did we
overlook updating the instructions or do I remember the outcome of our conversation incorrectly?

I also remember now that you mentioned this issue, but I cannot recall
the result of the discussion.

> - Source release ZIP
> -- build with clean repo on Java 1.7.0_21 on OS X: test failure in org.apache.uima.ruta.engine.UimafitTest
>    looks like a problem with line endings:
>    --expected--
>    original: &lt;null&gt; -------- View _InitialView end ----------------------------------
^M]
>    --actual--
>    original: &lt;null&gt;
> -------- View _InitialView end ----------------------------------
> ]

I think I already debugged the problem sometime and modified the
casdump.txt. Actually, I added svn:eol-style native.
I am tempted to simply change the test by removing the external file.

> - SVN tag
> -- build with clean repo on Java 1.7.0_21 on OS X: OK
>
> - Eclipse update site
> -- Update existing Eclipse with http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/uima-releases/ruta-2.2.0-rc3/eclipse-update-site/ruta
> -- Appears to install ok
>
> - Checked several artifacts for license/notice files and general issues
> -- Looks ok
>
> Overall: nothing really critical, but some issues that could be addressed for the next
release.

> The worst problem seems to be that building from the source release does not work on
OS X (probably Linux).  What are others opinion on this? I believe you all checked with Windows,
so you didn't hit this problem. Should we consider this release critical?

It is at least not trivial.

Marshall?

Best,

Peter