uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC3
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:19:23 GMT
I would personally argue for a new RC, but I can also live if this one
is released.

Marshall, what do you think?

Richard, can you test the unit tests in the current trunk, if the
problem still occurs on OS X?

Peter

Am 24.03.2014 14:08, schrieb Peter Klügl:
> Hi,
>
> Am 23.03.2014 12:32, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
>> - Checking staging repository
>> -- org/apache/uima/ruta-core/2.2.0/ruta-core-2.2.0.pom contains some backslashes
instead of slashes in paths
> I will fix that.
>
>> -- how about excluding the docbook module from the Maven deploy - it does not contain
any artifacts other than the POM
> Good idea in my opinion. I suppose the indented way is to remove the
> module in the top-level pom?
>

>> -- I believe we had previously discussed changing the release procedure to always
use a tag that does not contain "-rcX", e.g. the file org/apache/uima/ruta-ep-engine/2.2.0/ruta-ep-engine-2.2.0.pom
contains the reference to http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-2.2.0-rc3/ruta-ep-engine
which will be invalid if we rename the tag after the release. However, the release instructions
on the UIMA website still mention adding the "-rcX" and I do not find the old mails. Did we
overlook updating the instructions or do I remember the outcome of our conversation incorrectly?
> I also remember now that you mentioned this issue, but I cannot recall
> the result of the discussion.
>
>> - Source release ZIP
>> -- build with clean repo on Java 1.7.0_21 on OS X: test failure in org.apache.uima.ruta.engine.UimafitTest
>>    looks like a problem with line endings:
>>    --expected--
>>    original: &lt;null&gt; -------- View _InitialView end ----------------------------------
^M]
>>    --actual--
>>    original: &lt;null&gt;
>> -------- View _InitialView end ----------------------------------
>> ]
>
> I think I already debugged the problem sometime and modified the
> casdump.txt. Actually, I added svn:eol-style native.
> I am tempted to simply change the test by removing the external file.
>
>> - SVN tag
>> -- build with clean repo on Java 1.7.0_21 on OS X: OK
>>
>> - Eclipse update site
>> -- Update existing Eclipse with http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/uima-releases/ruta-2.2.0-rc3/eclipse-update-site/ruta
>> -- Appears to install ok
>>
>> - Checked several artifacts for license/notice files and general issues
>> -- Looks ok
>>
>> Overall: nothing really critical, but some issues that could be addressed for the
next release.

>> The worst problem seems to be that building from the source release does not work
on OS X (probably Linux).  What are others opinion on this? I believe you all checked with
Windows, so you didn't hit this problem. Should we consider this release critical?