uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC3
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:46:36 GMT
Am 25.03.2014 14:40, schrieb Marshall Schor:
> On 3/25/2014 4:19 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>> I would personally argue for a new RC, but I can also live if this one
>> is released.
>>
>> Marshall, what do you think?
> I'm -0 on the release with it not building from source on linux or mac OS (due
> only to back-slash in some paths, that's my understanding - please advise if not
> correct).

I do not know if the backslash caused an error, but a test case had
problems with line endings and thus failed. At least that's how I read
Richards mail.

> If this were less high-profile (not a top level link from the top page, etc.), I
> would be +0 for release :-) .
>
> Also, since the release manager wants a new RC, I don't think anyone will object
> (although we'll have to re-do the release checking work...)

Weighing the option of a cleaner 2.2.0 release against the reviewing
several people have to do...

I am (also) not very eager of doing another review, but I think it's
better that way.

Peter

> -Marshall
>> Richard, can you test the unit tests in the current trunk, if the
>> problem still occurs on OS X?
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> Am 24.03.2014 14:08, schrieb Peter Klügl:
>>> Hi,

>>> I will fix that.

not contain any artifacts other than the POM
>>> Good idea in my opinion. I suppose the indented way is to remove the
>>> module in the top-level pom?

always use a tag that does not contain "-rcX", e.g. the file org/apache/uima/ruta-ep-engine/2.2.0/ruta-ep-engine-2.2.0.pom
contains the reference to http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-2.2.0-rc3/ruta-ep-engine
which will be invalid if we rename the tag after the release. However, the release instructions
on the UIMA website still mention adding the "-rcX" and I do not find the old mails. Did we
overlook updating the instructions or do I remember the outcome of our conversation incorrectly?
>>> I also remember now that you mentioned this issue, but I cannot recall
>>> the result of the discussion.

>>> I think I already debugged the problem sometime and modified the
>>> casdump.txt. Actually, I added svn:eol-style native.
>>> I am tempted to simply change the test by removing the external file.

not work on OS X (probably Linux).  What are others opinion on this? I believe you all checked
with Windows, so you didn't hit this problem. Should we consider this release critical?