uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Java SDK 2.6.0 rc1
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:56:24 GMT
build from source zip on Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13) - OK

JAR in binary zip: OK
- Licenses in place, look ok

Signature of some files checked: OK

Javadoc: OK

build from source zip on Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132) - non-critical

- javadoc stuff

jira report - non-critical
- says "${project.verson}"

binary zip: non-critital
- NOTICE file says "Copyright 2006 The Apache Software Foundation". Shouldn't new releases
have at least an up-to-date year there? I remember getting a mail early this year from Apache
reminding about updating the year in copyright notices. The NOTICE files in the JARs say "Copyright
2006-2014 The Apache Software Foundation".

upgraded uimaFIT to new SDK and tested build: FAIL
- Most of the unit tests on combining CPEs with external resources fail

[X] -1 Not OK to release, because of test case failures in uimaFIT

I will investigate the reason for these failures and report back as soon as possible.

-- Richard

P.S.: The Eclipse update site in the mail pointed to the SVN, not to an actual update site.
Maybe intentional, but I do not understand why.

P.P.S.: Do we need to sign out votes now? ... GPG says the signature on your vote is invalid