uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC5
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 12:29:57 GMT
Am 05.04.2014 23:02, schrieb Marshall Schor:
> question on the license / notice files:
>
> The Jar for ruta-ep-engine has a notice which says, in part:
>
> The MersenneTwister class in package org.apache.commons.math3.random
> includes software translated from the 2002-01-26 version of
> the Mersenne-Twister generator written in C by Makoto Matsumoto and Takuji
> Nishimura. Original source copyright:
> Copyright (C) 1997 - 2002, Makoto Matsumoto and Takuji Nishimura,
> All rights reserved
> The LocalizedFormatsTest class in the unit tests is an adapted version of
> the OrekitMessagesTest class from the orekit library distributed under the
> terms of the Apache 2 licence. Original source copyright:
> Copyright 2010 CS Communication & Systèmes
> The complete text of licenses and disclaimers associated with the the original
> sources enumerated above at the time of code translation are in the LICENSE.txt
> file.
>
> The LICENSE file (not LICENSE.txt) file makes no mention of either of these
> things - does it need to, or do the existing items in the license cover these?

Well, I don't know.

The text in the notice file was copied from the jar contained in this
artifact. In this case it's commons-math3-3.0.jar, which contains the
LICENSE.txt file that was referred to by the original mention. I can add
the list of items in LICENSE.txt to our LICENSE file in a new RC or in
the next release, but I am actually not sure if I have/need/should. I
can try to reread the corresponding apache pages about the topic or ask
on the respective mailing list tomorrow.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Peter