uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release uimaFIT 2.1.0 rc 1
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 15:01:28 GMT
On 03.06.2014, at 16:27, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:

> I've posted the uimaFIT 2.1.0 release candidate 1.
> Please vote on release:
>
> [X] +1 OK to release
> [ ] 0   Don't care
> [ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

OK - Build from svn tag (Java 7, clean local Maven repo)

OK - Compare source ZIP to svn tag
  - minor differences: Eclipse .settings files only in SVN, issuesFixed /
    DEPENDENCIES only in ZIP

OK - Verify signatures on distribution artifacts

OK - Check release notes

OK - Check docbook documentation
  - minor problem: some dates are in German (no idea how to fix this,
    I already set my system language to English, set LANG and LC_ALL
    to English, etc... *sigh*)
  - some sections mention uimaFIT 2.0.0 and there is no section on
    migrating from uimaFIT 2.0.0 to 2.1.0. I think this is viable since
    2.1.0 is a bugfix release, but will fix this if there are should be
    another release candidate.

OK - Check JARs
  - uimafit-core DEPENDENCIES file lists dependency on some AOP library,
    but is not included on binary distribution: this is ok. I made bad
    experiences excluding dependencies in the POM, so the transitive
    dependency is detected there. However, it is not required later and
    is excluded in the assembly.
  - NOTICE files look ok

OK - jira-report
  - still the problem with ${project.version}... but that's not on our plate to fix

Looks good for me: +1

Cheers,

-- Richard