uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject Re: "Decorating" spans in text
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 19:40:41 GMT
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Richard Eckart de Castilho
<rec@apache.org>wrote:

> If visualization is what you are after, you could consider rendering
> your annotations as JSON and feeding them to brat [1].

I have started extending the SimpleServer UIMA addon to support BRAT
compatible JSON output.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it's possible to
make a fully generic output in that format (because you need to map some
type to relations, etc.), so I may end up moving to a typesystem specific
conversion (which would then not be part of the designed-to-be-generic
SimpleServer).

-- Jens