uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.1 RC1
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2014 08:54:07 GMT
Am 20.09.2014 10:32, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> On 20.09.2014, at 10:25, Peter Klügl <pkluegl@uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 19.09.2014 00:02, schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
>>> compared svn-tag with source release (Java 1.8.0_11) - OK (diff --strip-trailing-cr
-r ruta-2.2.1 ruta-2.2.1-svn)
>>> delete .m2 and clean build from source - OK
>>> installation from update site into fresh Eclipse Luna 4.4.0 - OK
>>> imported example projects using "Import existing projects" wizard in Eclipse
>>>
>>> The example projects show many errors, e.g.: "uima.ruta.example.Features" not
found

>>> Is this supposed to be like this?
>> Yes. I did not commit the descriptor files. The user has to build the project in
order to get rid of this error message. I think there is a notice in the documentation about
that.

>> The problem was that the user has to rebuild the descriptors anyway because of the
absolute paths. Now, that should also work with the classpath lookup of the ruta project.
> The default setting in Eclipse is that projects are on "auto-build". I also tried a clean/rebuild,
but the errors persisted. Is there a special rebuilding procedure in Ruta?

Hmm strange. Without testing I would say do the "clean/rebuild" twice.
The dependency management when building the descriptors is somewhat
"suboptimal".

Peter