uima-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Darms <johannes.da...@scai.fraunhofer.de>
Subject UIMAFit Configuration Parameter injection
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 13:14:42 GMT
Hey there,

I'm trying to inject an Object into an UIMA Component with a @ConfigurationParameter Annotation.
The Documentation says that I can inject any Object with a single String Argument Constructor.
Which does not work! I can only inject Types that are defined in PropertyEditorRegistrySupport
and PropertyEditorUtil. And of course there is no custom PropertyEditor defined for my Class
which leads to an exception. Sadly the API for solving my problem (configure custom PropertyEditors)
is encapsulated. Are there any restrictions and/or design decision to hide this functionality
from a developer?

Regards,

Johannes