uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject something strange with Jenkins builds, test case failures
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 21:43:44 GMT
Hi,

I was watching the console log for UIMA-SDK #586, and noticed it said along the
way some failure indications, for instance:

testCAStoString(org.apache.uima.util.CasToInlineXmlTest)  Time elapsed: 0.027
sec  <<< FAILURE!

So, I was quite surprised when the build finished and sent email to this list
saying everything was successful.

Going to Jenkins test report for build # 586 here:
https://builds.apache.org/job/UIMA-SDK/org.apache.uima$uimaj-core/586/testReport/ says
there are no errors.

But looking at the console output
https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/UIMA-SDK/586/console definitely shows
errors.

(The errors seem to be due to different XML formatters; one writing <xxx  ....
/> and the other <xxx .... ></xxx>. Richard pointed me to a utility to get
around this, and I can add that, so these won't fail.)

But more importantly, does anyone have any idea why one part of Jenkins (the
console log) is reporting failures, and the other part (test summary) is saying
there are no failures?

-M