uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: something strange with Jenkins builds, test case failures
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:57:17 GMT
Here's what's happening; it happens on both Windows1 and Ubuntu recent builds.

The uimaj-core (where the "failing" test are) is built normally, no errors

   - the Java is OK (
       Oracle 1.7.0 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 21.0-b17 on Windows 1 and
       Oracle 1.7.0_25 Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 23.25-b01 on Ubuntu)

However, the build on Jenkins includes a flag that causes Jenkins to run the
"Findbugs" maven plugin.

Findbugs maven plugin running seems unusual.  It causes a recursive build of the
module, which not only recompiles everything, but re-runs the tests as well.  It
is only this second running of the tests that fail.  It's likely that findbugs
configuration is somehow specifying an older version of Xalan that ends up not
supporting XML 1.1.

Investigating further to see if we can configure Findbugs to not re-do the
compilation and rerunning, and/or to fix its version of Xalan.

-Marshall