uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: something strange with Jenkins builds, test case failures
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 20:12:27 GMT
Maven 3.2.1 fails.  Switched to 3.0.5.

Now, watching the findbugs run on the Jenkins console, it appears I missed the
fact that findbugs ran OK.  It was the next additional step, Cobertura, that
caused the compile and test (in some unusual environment) to re-run (and fail).
I can reproduce this on my laptop :-)

I'll look at the Cobertura configuration...

-Marshall
On 11/5/2014 2:36 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> oops again.  Maven 3 latest runs maven 3.0.4, certainly not the lastest.  Trying
> 3.2.1 (the latest listed).
>
> -Marshall
>> oops, setting Maven to "latest", means latest of maven 2.
>>
>> There's another setting Maven 3 latest - trying that...
>>
>> -Marshall
>> On 11/5/2014 2:21 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> Running locally on my laptop (Windows) I observe:
>>>
>>> 1) mvn package -Pfindbugs  - runs with findbugs, both 3.0.0 (newer version) and
>>> 2.5.4 (version being used), but findbugs doesn't print any indication like it
>>> does on Jenkins that it's recursively rebuilding and re-running tests.
>>>
>>> I saw that my mvn version is 3.0.5, while the Jenkins was running 3.0.3.  So
>>> downgraded my laptop mvn version to 3.0.3 - the mvn build still runs fine.
>>>
>>>   - this means I can't reproduce this on my laptop.  It's likely that there's
>>> some interaction with Jenkins and Maven which is causing this.
>>>
>>> 2) Just incidentally, I noticed that findbugs fails when running with Oracle
>>> Java 8 (1.8.0_25-b18)

>>> [java]     java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 26721
>>> [java]       At org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.readClass(Unknown Source) etc.
>>>
>>> it works OK with IBM Java 8 (build pwa6480ea-20130422_01)

>>> I've restored the build to Ubuntu || Windows, and changed the maven level to
>>> "latest" (was 3.0.3).
>>>
>>> I'll probably close the issues as Not a problem, since the errors appear to be
>>> specific for findbugs running in the Jenkins environment.
>>>
>>> -Marshall

 It

me to a utility to get