uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Help test UIMA SDK 2.7.0
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2014 20:12:13 GMT

Yes, this is changed with Jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-3399

>From the upcoming Release Notes:

The meaning of "bag" and "sorted" index has been made consistent with how these
are handled
when sending CASes to remote services.  This means that adding the same
identical FS to the
indexes, multiple times, will not add duplicate index entries.  And, removing a
FS from an index
is guaranteed that that particular FS will no longer be in any index.  (Before,
if you had
added a particular FS to a sorted or bag index, multiple times, the remove
behavior would
remove just one of the instances).  Deserialization of CASes sent to remote
services has never
added Feature Structures to the index multiple times, so this change makes that
behavior
consistent. For more details, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-3399.

Because some users may prefer the previous behavior that permitted duplicates of
identical Feature Structures in
the sorted and bag indexes. this change can be disabled, by running the JVM with
the defined property
"uima.allow_duplicate_add_to_indices".</p>

Thanks for testing!

-M