uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help test UIMA SDK 2.7.0
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 21:13:45 GMT
Hi Marshall,

I have a unit test that fails on uimaj-core 2.7.0-SNAPSHOT but not on uimaj-core 2.6.0.
Apparently, some features structures no longer appear multiple times in the index
if they are added multiple times.

I'm not sure if this was an intentional change or not, so I didn't open an issue yet.
However, here is a minimalized and purified version of my test. With 2.7.0-SNAPSHOT,
the second assert fails because count() returns 1.

    @Test
    public void tooManyAnnotationsTest()
        throws Exception
    {
        CAS cas = CasCreationUtils.createCas((TypeSystemDescription) null, null, null);
        AnnotationFS documentAnnotation = cas.getDocumentAnnotation();
        assertEquals(1, count(cas, documentAnnotation.getType()));

        // Add a second time to the indexes
        cas.addFsToIndexes(documentAnnotation);
        assertEquals(2, count(cas, documentAnnotation.getType()));
    }

    private int count(CAS aCas, Type aType) {
        FSIterator<FeatureStructure> i = aCas.getIndexRepository().getAllIndexedFS(aType);
        int n = 0;
        while (i.hasNext()) {
            n++;
            i.next();