uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Java SDK 2.7.0 rc8
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 20:15:28 GMT
Mid afternoon, the Eclipse download site started responding, and both Kepler and
Luna Eclipses were able to install the UIMA plugins.

I also checked the following:

signatures OK

compare source-release.zip with svn tag - OK

Issues Fixed - OK

build from sources - OK

run binary: adjust example paths and document analyzer: OK

spot check ( and compare with rc7) of License / Notice / readMe's and release
notes, API Javadocs, PDFs - OK.

spot check of the maven repository staged artifacts (checked sig, and
license/notice in the uimaj-core jar) - OK

[X] +1 OK to release

-Marshall

On 3/3/2015 10:21 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> I did all the checking for rc8 except for one part:  The install for the Eclipse
> plugins into Eclipse is blocked during the "Calculating requirements and
> dependencies".  This step is fetching content from
> http://download.eclipse.org/...  and it shows (sometimes) a progress indicator
> which says that that repository is barely able to deliver any content - the
> transfer rate is often listed at just a few KB / second, or even 0.
>
> Example status line:
> Calculating requirements and dependencies.: Fetching content.jar from
> http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna/201406250900/ (337.92kB of 2.5MB at 0B/s)
>
> So - I'll try this later.  But everything else is looking good.
>
> -Marshall

>> This is the vote for UIMAJ SDK, rc 8.
>>
>> The only difference from rc 7 is some minor cleanups of the Release Notes that Burn
noted, plus
>> one additional Jira fixed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4267 (which
fixes a bug that was from 2.6.0 or earlier).