uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.0 RC1
Date Sun, 10 May 2015 20:19:58 GMT
Some intermediate results and questions:

Build from sources using clean repo and Oracle Java 1.8.0_45-b14 (without apache-release)
- OK

Build from sources using clean repo and Oracle Java 1.8.0_45-b14 (with apache-release) - JavaDoc
does not build (not critical)

German month in docs - not critial

Example breaking out page boundary (PDF page 61) - not critical

Some examples contain a NOTICE/LICENSE file, others not - why?

Questions - Should the "TM" be for "Apache UIMA" or "Apache UIMA Ruta"?

The Spring JARs contain some sections in their LICENSE files not replicated in the LICENSE
of the distribution / ruta engine JAR. These sections might not apply, but I wonder if anybody
really checked if they do not apply. The Spring guys might just have copied stuff e.g. from
ASM into Spring and spring-asm is in fact part of the ruta engine JAR. Sorry if this might
have been discussed/observed before.

README file is still mentioning "uimaFIT JCasGenPomFriendly" - should be
upgraded to the Apache UIMA jcasgen-maven-plugin.

Cheers,

-- Richard