uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.0 RC1
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 17:14:57 GMT
Yes, it's created but not distributed.

There is no real reason but some historical "motivation".
First, I planned to provide the binary distribution for the users, but I
could not decide if we should ship the complete UIMA SDK and all other
dependencies with it. One the one hand, this would be necessary... on
the other hand its not the common use case for users. They nomally use
the update site or the maven artifacts as far as I know. So, I removed
the binary distrubution again. However, then the release process
uploaded the source-release to the staging site. If I remember
correctly, there is a switch in the build process that skips this, if
there is a binary distribution. Then I added it again, in order to use
our common build process without any additional ruta hacks. The
distribution is not up-to-date right now. My plan is to update it and
distribute it if anyone asks for it (not happened so far).

Best,

Peter