uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.0 RC3
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 17:18:43 GMT
Hi,

Am 04.06.2015 um 11:35 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I'm looking at the RC 3.
>
> I installed it into a fresh Eclipse Luna SR2 and then imported the example projects using
"Import -> Existing Projects" from the checked out SVN folder.

Did you use the general option or the option from the maven category, or
both?

> For whatever reason, the Maven project only was error-free after I did a "Maven ->
Update project".

which one? ruta-maven-example? Oh, there could be many problems. I
actually wonder that it built at all without 2.3.0 been released :-D

If I import it in a clean workspace with the rc pfeature installed, then
there are many errors for the missing artifacts and maven plugin.

Did you add the staging repository in your settings.xml? Or did you
install all other artifacts in that version before in your local
repository?

The maven integration for ruta projects is not yet optimal. In a current
mixin java/ruta project, there is for example always a build path
problem reported without a reason. There will follow up many bugfixes...

> However, the ExtensionsExample project still shows errors for me even after a "Project
-> Clean / Rebuild" cycle.

> error: Action "ExampleAction" is not defined.	ExampleAction.ruta	/ExtensionsExample/script/uima/ruta/example
line 20	DLTK Problem
> error: Condition "" is not defined.	ExampleBlock.ruta	/ExtensionsExample/script/uima/ruta/example
line 23	DLTK Problem
> Mismatched Input:  : }	ExampleBlock.ruta	/ExtensionsExample/script/uima/ruta/example
line 29	DLTK Problem
> Mismatched Input: Expecting "SEMI" but found "{".	ExampleBlock.ruta	/ExtensionsExample/script/uima/ruta/example
line 24	DLTK Problem
> Type "REVERSE " not defined in this script/block!	ExampleBlock.ruta	/ExtensionsExample/script/uima/ruta/example
line 23	DLTK Problem

> Am I doing something wrong?

No, all correct. For the IDE support of the extensions used in
ExtensionsExample you would need to have installed the
ruta-ep-example-extensions plugin in your Eclipse, but that plugin is
not part of the update site. Both projects, the Ruta script project and
the maven Eclipse plugin project, are just "code" examples/snippets how
one could extend the language and IDE.

Best,

Peter