uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.0 RC3
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 17:29:10 GMT
On 04.06.2015, at 19:18, Peter Kl├╝gl <pkluegl@uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 04.06.2015 um 11:35 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> I'm looking at the RC 3.
>>
>> I installed it into a fresh Eclipse Luna SR2 and then imported the example projects
using "Import -> Existing Projects" from the checked out SVN folder.

> Did you use the general option or the option from the maven category, or both?

I tried both.

>> For whatever reason, the Maven project only was error-free after I did a "Maven ->
Update project".

> which one? ruta-maven-example? Oh, there could be many problems. I actually wonder that
it built at all without 2.3.0 been released :-D

Actually project that I was referring to is called GermanNovels.

> If I import it in a clean workspace with the rc pfeature installed, then there are many
errors for the missing artifacts and maven plugin.

> Did you add the staging repository in your settings.xml? Or did you install all other
artifacts in that version before in your local repository?

> The maven integration for ruta projects is not yet optimal. In a current mixin java/ruta
project, there is for example always a build path problem reported without a reason. There
will follow up many bugfixes...

>> However, the ExtensionsExample project still shows errors for me even after a "Project
-> Clean / Rebuild" cycle.

>> error: Action "ExampleAction" is not defined.	ExampleAction.ruta	/ExtensionsExample/script/uima/ruta/example
line 20	DLTK Problem
>> error: Condition "" is not defined.	ExampleBlock.ruta	/ExtensionsExample/script/uima/ruta/example
line 23	DLTK Problem
>> Mismatched Input:  : }	ExampleBlock.ruta	/ExtensionsExample/script/uima/ruta/example
line 29	DLTK Problem
>> Mismatched Input: Expecting "SEMI" but found "{".	ExampleBlock.ruta	/ExtensionsExample/script/uima/ruta/example
line 24	DLTK Problem
>> Type "REVERSE " not defined in this script/block!	ExampleBlock.ruta	/ExtensionsExample/script/uima/ruta/example
line 23	DLTK Problem

>> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> No, all correct. For the IDE support of the extensions used in ExtensionsExample you
would need to have installed the ruta-ep-example-extensions plugin in your Eclipse, but that
plugin is not part of the update site. Both projects, the Ruta script project and the maven
Eclipse plugin project, are just "code" examples/snippets how one could extend the language
and IDE.

Alright. I'll just go on with the rest then.

-- Richard