uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA SDK 2.8.0 rc4
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:52:53 GMT
Reason for the missing issuesFixed was that I was looking at a locally built
version (without -Papache-release) at that moment.

Re-did spot check of licenses/notices against the ZIP you provided - still
looks all ok and the issuesFixed is there.

So I maintain the +1.

Btw. I think I pointed this out in the past: why not switch from the
"uima-XXX" naming to the proper "uimaj-XXX" naming in the lib folder?
The files identify themselves as "uimaj-XXX" in their NOTICE files.

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 06.07.2015, at 16:50, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick vote!
>
> On the point about the link to "issues fixed" in RELEASE_NOTES.html of the zip
> distribution - I cannot reproduce this.
> I tried unzipping the uimaj-2.8.0-bin.zip, then opening RELEASE_NOTES.html, then
> clicking on the table-of-contents link " List of JIRA Issues Fixed in this
> Release", and then clicked on "issuesFixed/jira-report.hmtl" under the heading
> "Full list of JIRA Issues Fixed in this Release".
>
> I also tried the same thing unzipping the uimaj-2.8.0-source-release.zip.  Both
> worked OK for me.
>
> Can you say more precisely what failed? The zips both included a directory
> "issuesFixed", and within that, the file "jira-report.html". (My test was on
> Windows).
>
> -Marshall
>
> On 7/5/2015 5:10 PM, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
>> Built from SVN tag with empty .m2 using JDK 7 on OS X - OK
>>
>> Spot check for licenses and notices - OK
>>
>> Built Apache uimaFIT trunk against this RC - OK
>>
>> Built other software against this RC - OK
>>
>> Spot check signatures - look OK (still need to get into the web of trust...)
>>
>> [X] +1 OK to release
>>

>> Link to "issues fixed" in RELEASE_NOTES.html of ZIP distribution does not work. Shouldn't
there be such a file in the ZIP? - Not critical, but should be fixed in next release.