uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [CANCEL] Release UIMA SDK 2.8.1 - rc1
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 15:39:54 GMT
Well, Bhavani found a bug!

I'll be putting in a Jira.  It's quite an edge case:

1) occurs in delta deserialization
2) happens only when there's a set of modifications to existing feature
structures done by the remote service
3) happens only when the sequence of modifications recorded by the delta cas
mechanism records a modification to a feature structure that's before the last
one modified
4) happens only when the feature structure being modified is exactly the
previous one from the last one modified.
5) happens only when the feature structure being modified has a number of
features that is shorter than the item being modified's offset

The code was searching using Arrays.binarySearch over a range, and the ending
element of the range is "exclusive", but the code thought it was "inclusive" -
an off-by-1 error...

Jira coming.

-Marshall