uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Next board report due Sept 9th
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 13:37:01 GMT
Here's the board report that's going in; thanks, Richard, for reminding me about
the software grant.

Board report for Apache UIMA, for September 2015.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Dates:
25 Aug 2015  (new)        last release - Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.1
12 Mar 2013  (no change)  last PMC addition
24 Jul 2015  (new)        last Committer addition

Releases:
  22 Jul 2015: UIMA Java SDK 2.8.0 released - restoring some accidentally
dropped public APIs
  11 Aug 2015: UIMA Java SDK 2.8.1 released - a few bug fixes found in 2.8.0
after release
  11 Aug 2015: UIMA DUCC 2.0.0 released - a major release with many new features
and bug fixes
  25 Aug 2015: UIMA Ruta 2.3.1 released - bugfix release

Other Activity:

Received a software grant for the donation of a rework of the UIMA innards.

Work continues documenting various ideas, tradeoffs,
and diagrams explaining some of the more subtle points about UIMA innards.
These are on our confluence wiki.

The person we talked with at ApacheCon contributed some improvements to a
visualization tool; these were incorporated into our UIMA 2.8.0 release.

We participated in the documentary video about the ASF via a video call.

Community:

The community continues to be moderately active with some contributions
coming from a couple of new people.

Issues:
No Board level issues at this time.