uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Get all reachable FSes / all FSes?
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 07:17:49 GMT
On 10.09.2015, at 08:46, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:

> On 10.09.2015, at 04:06, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think there's support for the 2nd, directly.
>>
>> It's doable.  There are various bits of code around that sequentially walk the
>> heap, which is what this would amount to, I think.
>>
>> I'm curious about the need for such a capability?
>
> Basically for doing sanity checks on the CAS, e.g. to detect if client code creates FSes
but never adds them to any index.

> We've hit a bug in one piece of software where some annotations were indexed an others
not. The latter were still reachable in that case so I could implement the sanity check without
this capability. But while doing so, I was wondering whether it was also possible to recover
non-indexed FSes.

Another case would be detecting FSes that become unreachable unintentionally.

Cheers,

-- Richard