uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: UIMA RUTA - Custom BLOCK extension
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2015 11:51:42 GMT
Hi,

oh yes, this is a nice extension. I was also already planning to add
something like this, but in my use cases the explicit referencing to
each matched annotation in the gobal context was missing. Thus, I am
implementing the annotation issues first.

It is possible to specify something like this right now in UIMA Ruta but
I would not recommend it. You could either spam/remove annotations on
the complete document or you could use the recursion functionality of
BLOCKs.

Now to the custom block:

You need to apply the head rule of the block in order to evaluate the
conditions. The scope is changed by the usage of a new restricted
RutaStream (windowStream). In order to retain the scope, just use the
given RutaStream.

Without having tested it, it could look something like:

@Override
   public ScriptApply apply(RutaStream stream, InferenceCrowd crowd) {
     BlockApply result = new BlockApply(this);
     crowd.beginVisit(this, result);
     RuleApply apply = rule.apply(stream, crowd, true);
     for (AbstractRuleMatch<? extends AbstractRule> eachMatch :
apply.getList()) {
       if (eachMatch.matched()) {
           for (RutaStatement element : getElements()) {
             if (element != null) {
               element.apply(stream, crowd);
           }
         }
       }
     }
     crowd.endVisit(this, result);
     return result;
   }

Let me know if this helps.

Do you want to contribute the block extension?

Best,

Peter