uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: signing Jars
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:34:29 GMT
Here are some first observations:

- the ant task for the soap service should be called right before
"Compress plugin Jars using pack200" (parent-pom: maven-antrun-plugin ->
BuildUpdateSite-pack-svnget-buildMetadata-commit-to-dev)
- in case the features are need to be signed, they have also to be
copied to ${toBePacked} or something similar
- the ant task should be called on all jars in that folder (or also an
additional one for the features)

Some consequences:
- we would call the fee based signing service each time we build the
update site with the apache-release profile. I actually do this
sometimes to build snapshot update sites (a different solution is surely
possible). However, we do this also for *every* release candidate. (For
ruta, that would have been three times just because of some bugs). I do
not have a good feeling about that. Maybe it's better to sign the
bundles manually only for accepted release candidates (with additional
repack)?
- in order to integrate the ant task, we need to change the parent pom.
Meaning we need to do a parent pom release. Meaning we need to update
the parent pom version in our update site. Meaning we have to cancel
both release candidates.

Any opinions?

Best,

Peter