uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Ruta: reloadScript and external engines
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 18:00:17 GMT
Hi,

yes, this is correct and intended, but it is missing the original idea
and thus it is probably not necessary.

The reload of the script needs to be supported for some special use
cases like changing the rules during the pipeline processing. The
additional analysis engine are however directly specified in the
configuration parameters and should only be changed with reconfigure().

Does this cause problems? I would not change it right now because I am
also thinking about removing these parameters at all in a next major
release since they are redundant and could be induced using the script
files. The objects could be cached, but the initialize is normally the
expensive part.

Best,

Peter