uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Ruta: Best way to debug extensions
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 15:21:31 GMT
Hi,

Am 05.02.2016 um 15:57 schrieb Miguel Alvarez:
> Thanks Peter. That was one of the problems. I disabled all the unneeded
> plugins and also had to increase the permgem, and now it works much better.
>
> Now I just need to see how to debug the jvm that RUTA starts. I assume by
> including the sources of my extensions should do it.

That is not yet supported since DLTK causes some problems with the java
sources. There is a jira issue for it.

However, there is a preference for starting the ruta script in the same vm:
Preferences-> UIMA Ruta-> Project Management-> "Do not start a VM in
development mode"

If activated you can use breakpoints in the original Eclipse and debug
there the rule execution (ruta-core) together with the other plugins.
You need to start the second Eclipse in the debug mode (= development
mode) of course.

Best,

Peter