uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.4.0 RC3
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 09:11:25 GMT
Hi,

Am 07.02.2016 um 19:52 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> Checks:
> - compared POMs in 2.3.0 svn tag against 2.4.0 tag: no new dependencies - OK
> - the FirstNames.txt file in GermanNovels is quite large 90k, but no source info/license
for this file is given anywhere: doesn't seem OK
> - stopping checks at this point for the moment

What kind of source info/license would you expect? The file together
with the other files was contributed as part of UIMA-3926 with an ICLA
present. I do not remember if I knew the source of the file by then, but
I remember that I had some conversations with the contributor that the
files need to be OK for a contribution. That's the reason why the
test/dev data was not contributed since it had some CC license that was
problematic.

> Questions:
> - several files in the GermanNovels resources have the first word duplicated, they also
start with a BOM - necessary?

The BOM is the reason why the wordlists contain duplicate entries in the
beginning. This is an open issue [UIMA-3778]. The BOM is not necessary,
but was simply not removed.

> - is it necessary that the GermanNovels example contains GeneratedDKPRoCoreTypes.xml
- can these not be obtained through Maven? If it is necessary, provenance information would
be good.

It was necessary when the rules were contributed, but it would be
possible now with some new features. I do not have the time to upgrade
the project (its priority is too low and it would require to change the
tutorial). I could add provenance information. I assume that it should
be in a README file but not in the NOTICE file, or is there an issue
converning the DKPro type systems?

> Comments:
> - tutorial-GermanNovels.tex is written in German, not English.

That was the target group of the tutorial and there was no volunteer to
translate it.

Best,

Peter